Thursday, April 12, 2018

Pauly's Story

Pauly’s Story 

I was a girl in Portugal 

Dreaming of a woman with a feathered boa 
Making sign language with a fisherman’s son 
Skipping on cobble stones drenched in siena. 
Looking out the window I can feel the trees 
I am waiting for the words to come down 
I am praying for some words to fall. 

I was married to a Kinshasa man 

Dancing with palm wine to sweeten our lips 
All reason left me, insane with love 
Ivory and juju, my belly round and full. 
Looking out the window I can feel the trees 
And I will wait for words to rain down on me 
Telling me, spelling me 
I am praying for some words to come 
Carry me away. 

They wanted me to only play in pay dirt 

They wanted me to follow some kind of plan 
“Keep your eyes on the nickel,” they said 
They wanted me to be a man. 

Well I became a ruby woman 

Sparkling with the truth behind my eyes 
Flying like a raven in the skies of summer 
I don’t even see these hospital walls. 
Just looking out the window I can feel the trees 
Just waiting for the rain to fall down 
Just praying for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rough Cuts - Diesel Cats

Diesel Cats was an amateur recording artist working out of his bedroom studio in the San Francisco Bay Area. He recorded eight albums betwee...