Friday, April 13, 2018

The Trouble In My Mind

The Trouble In My Mind 

In the back of my mind 
There’s a hole where the trouble goes 
On the double, breakin’ like a bubble 
Siftin’ through the rubble for some rhymes 

Throw some mud on the rug 
Put some scars on my Sunday shoes 
Grab a gun, shoot it on the run 
Act like it was done in pantomime 

Well I know where the error is 
And I know what to do 
Cause I know who the terror is 
Yes I know it’s you 

In the back of my mind 
There’s a mirror where the trouble is 
It’s got a crack, break your mama’s back 
Papa never had much love or time 

There’s a face in my mind 
There’s a tear in the looking glass 
I see trouble and faith like a bubble 
Kickin’ through the rubble for a rhyme 
A doll and a doggie and a dime 
Rain and a little peace of mind 
Runnin’ from the trouble in my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rough Cuts - Diesel Cats

Diesel Cats was an amateur recording artist working out of his bedroom studio in the San Francisco Bay Area. He recorded eight albums betwee...